Tuesday, August 6, 2013

When in Changchun...go to the World Sculpture Park!

So, I'm like five minutes from leaving China, but I'll probably post a few more posts I wanted to get in when I go back home. But as I sit in the airport, I thought I'd put up a few photos from the sculpture park in Changchun, which is seriously the only tourist-y thing I did while I was there for 6 weeks (and about the only thing there is to do, actually). It's actually a pretty fantastic park, and it consists of a huge grounds covered in walking paths that I couldn't finish cause my feet got too tired, and two museums of which I only made it to one cause the other was all the way on the other side. Large sculptures dotted the landscape and smaller ones were in the museums. I liked them all, though the inside had my favorites. It's also an international sculpture park, so along with several Chinese works of art, there were a lot of international ones. For instance, the first sculpture I saw was of Will Shakespeare:


I really liked the concept of this one too. I think it was olympic themed--there were a lot of olympic themed sculptures.

My favorite! It was called 'The Kiss'. I loved how the silhouette looked.

There was a cool exhibit about this story in stone that an artist reinscribed in stone, one chapter per slab. The writing is so small you have to read it with a microscope, and there's a beautiful carving on each one too. The rock is all different from several different parts of China.

One of the many possible paths.
Dementors! Or, I don't know what they are but now they are 'Fencing Dementors' and 'Dementor: The Thinker', respectively.


I'll return back in the States! Goodbye China! :) It's been fun! (tho much too hot).

No comments:

Post a Comment